MODERN GLAM DECOR
Looking for modern glam decor? We’ve assembled all the essentials for a polished pad of your own where luxe classics meet fashion edge. From animals prints to sparkling chandeliers, classic furnishings, pretty pastels, global patterns and glamorous gold accents. It’s glam, fun and slightly daring – and these items are all spot-on for creating a space that’s ladylike with an edge. Shop by your design style: Bohemian, Coastal, Farmhouse, French Country, Modern Rustic, Scandinavian, Tonal Chic or Urban Earthy.
BUYER SELECT MODERN GLAM DECOR
Classic glam is an elegant interplay of the under and overstated incorporating chic neutrals, gorgeous metallic and luscious fabrics. Glam is about showcasing a distinct sense of self – allowing you to infuse your own personal style. Here’s a few ideas for inspiration in your own modern glam décor home design:
- Furniture with sculptural lines.
- Color palette that includes white, gray, cream, black and jewel tones. Include sparkling gem tones, pearlescent finishes and crystal accents.
- Light catching materials such as metallic, mirrors, crystal and lacquer.
- Geometric patterns like damask, scales and quatrefoil.
- Dramatic lighting with crystal-adorned chandeliers and table lamps.
- Mirrored accent furniture.
- Lucite and lacquer also make an appearance on coffee tables and small decor pieces for their reflective, sleek surfaces.
- Traces of Old Hollywood and Art Deco are woven throughout today’s classic glam style.
- Touchable fabrics such as velvet, faux fur and sheepskin bring texture. Fur immediately evokes a sense of luxury. Incorporate it at home with a faux sheepskin throw blanket, a Mongolian fur ottoman, or a flokati rug.
- Embellished furniture, shimmering accents & bold color combinations.
- Each room should have at least one statement making piece.
- Oversized Art Deco-inspired sunburst mirror.
- For a regal look, base your color scheme around jewel tones. Mix shades of sapphire and turquoise, or pair rich ruby with glimmering gold for a gem of a palette.
- Include details like tufting, nailheads and piping.
- Set a chic scene with furniture that features exaggerated proportions or elaborate forms, like arched headboards, high-backed dining chairs, tuxedo sofas, or Demilune chests.
- Fashion-forward wall art.
- Dress your walls with fashion-inspired prints featuring iconic design houses, or maps of stylish cities like Paris, London, or New York to add panache.
- Whether you choose real blossoms or faux bouquets, flowers are an essential part of glamorous decor. Opt for lush varieties like garden roses, peonies, and hydrangeas.